Couples today spend so much time putting togethe a unique event that really reflects who they are. We at Ninth Street Events have seen too many couples that ignore this idea when it comes to the guestbook. I promise you that if you set one of those pre made books down on your gift table, you will get 200 signatures, half of which will be illegible and that is about it. Spark peoples creativity with a few of these ideas.
1. Customized guest books featuring elegant engraving, wedding colors or motif, and even photos can bring a personal touch to your wedding
2. Having your wedding date on the cover looks classically chic. $90 from www.horchow.com
3. Photographs of the two of you will give guests plenty of inspiration when writing your congratulations! These can be done at home with your favorite photos and a simple guest book. For those of you with bigger budgets try Jill Parkin Designs 714-906-4729. These can run about $300
4. Print business cards in your wedding colors and display them in an album. Guests can remove them and add their own personal message.
5. Set out a poloroid camera and pens and have your guests take snapshots of themselves. Put them in an album or put up on a collage.
These are just ideas, be creative! This is an area where you can afford to be a little less formal and have some fun. I promise you that these ideas will inspire people to write messages and have fun. It will be a lot of fun to look back on later.